WARNING : ROOM HACKING

Guest Pierrousss

• Modz Gold Member

There was a discussion already somewhere on the 3dx forums about having different save file formats for editing/loading. It's all possible, but there is still some point in time when other people will be joining the room. Even if server was only allowing to download the room data by those who are in this room, they will be getting this data, and once the data is on one's PC, there is all kind of stuff you can do with it. It can be simplified or encrypted or whatever, but the client will need to get the raw data to create actual Unity objects at some point, and that is where it would always be possible to intercept it.

• Modz Gold Member
On 1/17/2018 at 5:17 PM, Ayon said:

I think its important to remember that 3DXChat is not developed by a major games company.

Its a couple of people in a basement :)

While this may be true they need to step up the security as they make money from people and since I joined almost 3 years ago, I've not seen much of an improvement when asked to step that up.  We can be very thankful that they use a 3rd party company to process payments for the subscriptions otherwise we'd be "up shits creek without a paddle" as they say.

They make enough money from the subscriptions to make more improvements/updates and if they were really smart they could use someone(s) with the programming knowledge as well as a gaming aspect to really get it secure but again they don't care and made that clear.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Modz Gold Member

Only if somebody manages to hack the 3dx server, but that's not very likely.

And you can't tap into private conversations from the local client since the server only sends the messages to the participants.

Guest RobPathfinder

Interesting, about the fun closing the room, is such a thing possible? I have seen room heavy in detail hold 70 or more people not close while simple rooms with 30 or less close. If it is the client's router, fuck it shit happens but more often then not crashes seem like are occurring too much. if they are random or people with grudges who knows. But would it be possible for someone to join a room and close it or would the person be able to do it just on remote?

• Modz Gold Member

You can't close a person's room from another char's account since the login credentials are required to do that (as far as I remember). You can in theory have a purposely broken avatar configuration that would cause the people trying to load it crash, but I doubt that would actually work beyond crashing a single game script or lead to a disconnect. I haven't explored such an opportunity either though, since, why even? %)