Version 2.5 sky

Queen

• Modz Gold Member

I had asked this in 3dx forum before but didn't got good answer to fix 
It is about the broken sky and floor after version 2.5,  I still have the broken sky after 2.5 and all patches and believe there are many others users have same problem.

2qbfgNJ.png

So asking now again hope anybody had fixed it or know how to fix it.. tks all and wish good luck

My system configuration /

Sony Vaio Laptop

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 CPU       M 430  @ 2.27GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Display Devices Intel® HD Graphics
 Display Memory: 1760 MB
 Dedicated Memory: 128 MB

• Like 1

• Modz Gold Member

Yes, I tried simple water and low graphics quality,,, And this problem in every places in 3dx

Sin, Fresco and Night clubs floors are broken 

Rooms 1,2, Beach, Love island and Saloon skys are broken. ( just night is ok)

Tks for answering

Edited by Queen

• 2 weeks later...
  • Modz Administrators

Hi Queen

Can I ask if 3DX is the only game you have this problem?

Also looking at your Intel HD graphics device, it seems that is a very basic video card.

How old is your laptop?

• Modz Gold Member

Hey Ayon

Yes in the only game showing something like that. 

I keep hearing is my graphic card, i dont have a graphic card.
Intel HD graphics refers to the integrate video capabilities of the processor and is a 1rst generation i5 from 2010, still, version 2.0 of the game displays perfectly ok.

I would like to know what they changed to see if there is a way around it or something.

http://ark.intel.com/products/43537

Edited by Queen

Suggestions -

- Device manager and remove the display adapter

- Reboot and have it reinstalled

- check the version of the driver itself

- Make sure you have the latest version of directX

- Go to 3DGuru.com and search for the latest drivers for your display adapter

Every system has some sort of graphics card, and yours seem to be just a onboard chip. I would go through my lists and just validate

Go to google.com and do a search for your display adapter name end the search query with Guru3D

Did you look at the requirements on the 3dxchat site? do they match to what is on your system?

Read closely before downloading to ensure this driver will work for your card...

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/intel-hd-graphics-driver-download-4590.html

I would remove the game and the directory contents and start from scratch though.

Re-download and run it as a normal user would without any mods or addons to see

the effect.

Again, all suggestive.

• Modz Administrators

Master is right, every computer has a graphic card of some form....yours is just part of the laptop as a chip and not a standalone graphic card.

Trouble with this is your chip will not be as well supported as a stand alone graphic card like Nivida or Radeon.

I think it might be the old Intel HD graphic chip just....well too old.

If its a 2010 laptop then the HD graphic chip may just not handle the new 3DXChat graphic.

I hate to say it Queen, But I think you need a new Laptop. :)

Screenshot the complete rig... the whole setup with it connected to the system.

Is this a laptop? or desktop?

Are you using an external card?

need a clearer understanding of how its all setup. Screenshots will help alot.

go to windows device manager and see if windows is seeing this video card please. Screenshot the device manager. Then screenshot your system properties.  If you have trouble let me know

• Modz Gold Member
3 hours ago, Shay said:

i posted screen shots above

There is a thread in the game forum.... did you posted this setup there? If not... can u? 

Definitely not a low performance issue...

On 9/8/2017 at 6:51 PM, Master said:

Suggestions -

- Device manager and remove the display adapter

- Reboot and have it reinstalled

- check the version of the driver itself

- Make sure you have the latest version of directX

- Go to 3DGuru.com and search for the latest drivers for your display adapter

Every system has some sort of graphics card, and yours seem to be just a onboard chip. I would go through my lists and just validate

Go to google.com and do a search for your display adapter name end the search query with Guru3D

Did you look at the requirements on the 3dxchat site? do they match to what is on your system?

Already asked in earlier post.

For testing purposes....

Would it be possible to plug in an external monitor? I am wondering if the colors still distort on an external display or not. That video card should support external displays.

• Modz Gold Member

Wait, so both Shay and Queen have the same issue, right? Queen has a Sony VAIO laptop with an i5 CPU and an integrated Intel HD Graphics card, running Windows 7, while Shay has a Core 2 Duo E6700 desktop with an nVidia 8400GS card, running Windows 10? The hardware is way too different, there may be something common in the software part that is glicthing?

• Modz Administrators
15 hours ago, AlexRyder said:

Wait, so both Shay and Queen have the same issue, right? Queen has a Sony VAIO laptop with an i5 CPU and an integrated Intel HD Graphics card, running Windows 7, while Shay has a Core 2 Duo E6700 desktop with an nVidia 8400GS card, running Windows 10? The hardware is way too different, there may be something common in the software part that is glicthing?

I agree Shays computer should not be having this issue.

Alex, if I uninstall the game with windows does windows remove all the game data or is there some configuration files that remain that could be causing this issue when the game is reinstalled in the same location?

• Modz Gold Member

Ok have you firstly played around with all the Graphic Settings options in game? I had a frand who was seeing weirdo colors so I ran thru the in game Graphic settings with her and we cleared eet ups.

Also double chqs you have tha latest drivers for your Vid Cards/ onboard Graphics and Direct X.

• Modz Gold Member
1 hour ago, Ayon said:

Alex, if I uninstall the game with windows does windows remove all the game data or is there some configuration files that remain that could be causing this issue when the game is reinstalled in the same location?

The only data (besides the files in the game's folder) the game uses is the registry branch, but it's only used to store in-game settings. You can try clearing it, but I don't think it's in any way relevant, it just stores the settings you can change from the game's UI.

Having some weird settings set for the game specifically in the video card settings would be a possibility if it only happened on the desktop machine with the nVidia card. The embedded Intel HD Graphics has pretty much zero useful settings, and those are certainly completely different from nVidia's.

I'm honestly out of ideas what it could be without looking at the issue myself. 

If it's possible to install, say, a temporary clean Windows copy into another location just to test in a clean environment and see if the issue reproduces or not — that would be the way to exclude (or not) the software issues. Probably shouldn't mess with the VAIO's setup though if you don't know what you're doing, it can have a peculiar installation procedure, unless you can just stick in a spare drive for a test. 

• 2 weeks later...

The issue has been resolved...

Doing ALOT of testing with Shay, and come to find out her video card was not rendering the graphics because its older technology. Once she ordered a newer video card GDDR5 memory, 4 gig, the game ran flawlessly graphic wise. She can elaborate more, but the rig just would not render unity graphics correctly.