2nd ocean layer

Clouds

• Modz Gold Member

Hi,

im looking for a possibilty to establish a second ocean layer. I want to create a higher "swimming pool". i think there could be possibity by manual edit .world but i dont know the rules and conditions. If im right, the technik im looking for is used by 3dx in the common beach lvl. Do we have access to that lvl? there is a river on higher ground, and its not made by common water.

Cheers

Clouds

2018-07-25 11-51-31_410055.png

• Modz Administrators
On 7/27/2018 at 11:24 PM, Clouds said:

Do we have access to that lvl?

Hi Clouds

You can change the level of the water in the World Editor. Just go to Settings.

Regarding a "Second Ocean Layer" I am not sure that is possible but Alex is better to answer that than I am.

If you want to "Swim" in your Pool then you need to build your Pool "In the Ocean (at whatever level you set it at)" other wise you just have to use the "Water" material found in the Editor.

• Modz Gold Member

Good hints, Ayon, but your forgot to mention, that changing the ocean level other than "0" is buggy:

In random intervals and after several play sessions the ocean level is set back to zero, and if you did not write down somewhere the exact value you used, you will have a lot of work to set it to the desired level again.

A good exemple for this behaviour is the "Kanadische Blockhütte Complett eingerichtet" by Babybell. Obviously it was created by a ocean level of ~ +1.5 m,  and I'm sure, this value was strored within the file, but when you load this (fantastic) world file, the ocean level is at zero and everything looks really strange. Raising the ocean level only works for a short time, after some game sessions it gets set back to zero again.

The only permanent solution is to lower the whole map by the found amount.

My advice: Do not use this setting as long as it ist that buggy.