I can't download 374.exe

Warp

Guest Chasan

if it will download yes, you may want to also try an application called Internet Download Manager or IDM. If your downloads stop in the middle this application will help it finish.

• Modz Gold Member

Hi: The real reason I wanted to download from 3dx mods or northprojectz.com is because,when I download from 3dxchat.com, on the login page,it says it cannot connect to server on the right side of the page: It reads:please turn off your antivirus and firewall, because it can block the game, plus the patcher.exe file reads"cannot connect to server" to update from 374 to 375.I thought this way would work.

Guest Chasan

Use IDM to get the files to download successfully. Your downloads are being cut and that is why it showing corruption. Also, you will to disable your antivirus software if your going to use modz with it. You may have strict antivirus blocking you from what the system needs to do to run the game.

• Modz Gold Member

As general rule I don't like disabling my antivirus and firewall. Why can't you run the program as it is,working with the antivirus and the firewall?. Btw,I do have the 3dxchat.exe and patcher.exe file on the exclusion list in my antivirus scans.

Guest Chasan

Some antivirus do not recognize the code so they assume right off its bad code or a virus that can harm your system.  The files do nothing to harm the system, hense there are quite of few people that run these files as of to date.  If the antivirus is on a strict mode, it will prevent downloading or installing of files. 

• Modz Gold Member

oh ok,I did not see the folder option. Thank you very much for your information!.The  moderator ,I forgot her name,was using teamview app yesterday,which is a great for dummies like me, to understand this stuff. Do you use teamview?

• Modz Gold Member

Hi: Thank-you  for the information. I tried the command prompt:It says "successfully flushed the dns resolver cache". Everything is the same as before,the patcher.exe "cannot connect to  server"-sent report-btw-I did this about 7 times before. My world has the floating platform with green footprints over looking an endless ocean. When I type into the chat box it reads "connection lost-reconnect" in a red box.On the login page,on the right of the page under"What's new"-reads"could not connect to server"-make sure your internet connection is enabled-try to turn off your firewall and antivirus,because it can block the game.

• Modz Gold Member

Also when I enter a room like the beach-there is no one there, my avatar is not my default avatar, its a very dark brown color,also my gold count is zero.When the patcher upgraded me automatically the other day,from 374 to 375,this is when I  saw the 3dx default world for the first time, not like the apartment that I had before.

• Modz Gold Member

Also when I downloaded chasan' s  374 file by IDM, I disabled the firewall and windows defender  antivirus before I  did this and that did not change anything-still get "cannot connect to server" messages.

Guest Chasan

So , you need to find out what is kicking your connection. There is software on that system that is causing it. If you want to log into the game and you have issues, reboot your system and you can login after it reboots. 

Once we find the cause you will not have to keep rebooting to login to the game itself. You have ALOT of software on there, so one of those pieces of software are killing the connection eventually to the servers.

• 1 month later...