Broken World Editor

Alexa Darkness

• Modz Gold Member

So I been following to threads on the main forums... and even though I am allowed to post as a new forum member, there is no forum moderators to approve my posts, so here I am.

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/7365-world-editor-broken/  

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/7605-unable-to-save-room-files/

So is there anyone here who knows how to fix the problem a lot room designers are experiencing...?  

I am stuck with my currently loaded room, and unable to load a new updated version of my room.  In fact I can't even load the default room. .

• Modz Administrators

Hi Alexa

This normally happens when the room is bugged on the server but there is a couple of ways you can clear it.

1. Contact the Devs via the 3dx forums and ask them to reset your room.
  2. You can use a Modz like Tamara's Import and export tool, https://3dxmodz.com/index.php?/topic/106-download-3dx-import-export-world-format/

This Modz allows you to import and export (upload and download) to and from the server without being in game.

It also has a great function that allows you to "Clear the room"....but be warned ...it will delete the loaded room. so i hope you have a save of it.

So try downloading the Modz, login to your account with the Modz and "Clear your room"

• Like 1

• Modz Gold Member

Sorry, thought I could edit the above..

Had a Windows 10 yesterday, which disabled my Anti-Virus (Bitdefender)…  I was able to upload my new room design, which leads me to think it was my Anti-Virus being overprotective...

Think I just need to work out how to tame my Anti-Virus software, to allow me to upload world files to 3DX Chat.

• Modz Administrators
6 hours ago, Lady Alexa said:

I was able to upload my new room design,

Great so the Modz worked :)

I will ask Tamara if he has time to look into that error as I got it as well, but the addon does still upload, download and clear the room on the server :)

6 hours ago, Lady Alexa said:

my Anti-Virus being overprotective...

This is a good think as your Antivirus should be over protective.. :)

You should find in your settings an "Exceptions" area where you can tell your Anti virus that a program is OK to run.

But if your anti virus program is stopping .exe files from running then that's is a good thing. :)

I am glad we could sort out your problem.

<3 Ayon

• Like 1

• Modz Gold Member
On 05/10/2018 at 1:00 AM, Ayon said:

I will ask Tamara if he has time to look into that error as I got it as well, but the addon does still upload, download and clear the room on the server :)

You should find in your settings an "Exceptions" area where you can tell your Anti virus that a program is OK to run.

But if your anti virus program is stopping .exe files from running then that's is a good thing. :)

<3 Ayon

The Bitdefender forums are flooded with angry users, because Bitdefender 2019 is blocking all software from working, including Windows 10.   Each user had to uninstall to resolve

• Modz Gold Member
On 05/10/2018 at 9:29 PM, AlexRyder said:

Bitdefender is know to cause problems with 3dxChat network activity for some users.

Even when I turned every function off, 3DXChat was still being block from uploading.

11 hours ago, Ayon said:

for those reading this... Bitdefender  is an antivirus program.

If you have it and are having trouble connecting to 3dx....talk to AlexRyder :P

Considering I paid a lot more for the Bitdefender Total Security (5 users/3 years) package, its not really something I want to loose, i decide to re-installed it.

I did manage to update my room on 3DXChat, however it was only whilst BD2019 was uninstalled.

It would be helpful if anyone out there knew of a bypass, that doesn't involve uninstalling.  

Guest Chasan

Find a batch file or VBS to run as administrator and disable all bitdefender services. I am sure someone created a script out there

• Modz Administrators

8 hours ago, Lady Alexa said:

Even when I turned every function off, 3DXChat was still being block from uploading.

Read this article,  https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2121/

I think you need to create an exclusion for 3DX in Bitdefender.

This should stop Bitdefender thinking that 3dx should be blocked,.

• Modz Gold Member

Unfortunately for me, that article relates to Bitdefender 2018...

When they released Bitdefender 2019 they changed the rules, but at present, no one seems to know what those rules are.

However, to highlight the issues... this is from Bitdefender Forum page...

image.png.08cda89a19500aa0ed424ed567b67c23.png

• Modz Gold Member
17 hours ago, Shay said:

are you shutting the bitfinder off like the 1st post i put? I will work

Sorry, Im not shutting you off. 

Short of uninstalling Bitdefender Total Security 2019... I have followed everything on the following page https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/13426/

And I still get blocked.

I can provide multiple forum posts from people experiencing similar problems to me.

https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?/topic/79842-bitdefender-blocking-files-even-after-all-the-modules-are-disabled/

https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?/topic/79610-new-bitdefender-blocking-blizzard-products/

From what I can determine so far, it looks like the Bitdefender Core program is the cause, because even when users disable every module, we are all still blocked.  

So I have come to the conclusion that until they fix the problem, I won't be able to upload to the server, unless I uninstall Bitdefender.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • Modz Gold Member

Thank you all for your input.  But in the end, I have had to resort to uploading to OneDrive, then installing on via my Surface tablet using the program Ayon recommended in the beginning

On 03/10/2018 at 12:50 AM, Ayon said:

Hi Alexa

This normally happens when the room is bugged on the server but there is a couple of ways you can clear it.

2. You can use a Modz like Tamara's Import and export tool, https://3dxmodz.com/index.php?/topic/106-download-3dx-import-export-world-format/

This Modz allows you to import and export (upload and download) to and from the server without being in game.

It also has a great function that allows you to "Clear the room"....but be warned ...it will delete the loaded room. so i hope you have a save of it.

So try downloading the Modz, login to your account with the Modz and "Clear your room"

This has of course made me refine my skills, as this process means I have to Exit 3DX Chat before uploading & testing my update designs.  

Once again thank you everyone

• 4 weeks later...
  • Modz Gold Member
On 10/3/2018 at 12:50 AM, Ayon said:

Hi Alexa

On 10/5/2018 at 1:00 AM, Ayon said:

<3 Ayon

Does anyone know if Tamara is updating her 3DX Import Export program..?  because after the recent 3DX Chat update/server change... I am unable to login to my 3DX Chat account via her program. 

• Modz Gold Member

I have experienced something similar... for me its a conflicting object.  As soon as I remove the object, its solved.   

Hence I now build in increments, so if I find a bug like you have unfortunately found, I can roll back to an earlier version.

Untitled.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Modz Gold Member

I haven't came across this yet fortunately.  But I wanted to add something I have found twice now.  Deep down in the ocean is about a dozen framed windows and several furniture items.  Not sure why, but it's about 45kbs so I deleted it.  If your trying to cut down your room size go look for this to delete.