AlexRyder

[DOWNLOAD] 3DXChat 64-bit Patch (Experimental)

3DXChat 64-bit Patch (Experimental)

View File

This patch will "upgrade" your game to a 64-bit version.

For the most part, this means the game will be able to use more than 3 Gb of RAM on 64-bit operating systems and will probably run more smoothly in crowded or heavily furnished rooms.

There is probably no point to use this patch if you have less than 4 Gb of free RAM for the game to use.

This patch updates the Unity engine runtime files, so it will only work for a specific Unity version the game has been compiled with, which means it will work for any version of 3DXChat as long as the devs don't update the engine (usually this happens with every "long-waited" update :) ).

Since only the Unity's engine is updated, this mod should be compatible with any dll modifications, use them as usual.

Currently supported 3DXChat versions are:

367, 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 374, 375, 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382, 383, 384, 385, 386, 387, 388, 389, 390 (use the patch version 380).

Installation

1. Download the patch for the desired game version.
  2. Go to your game's installation folder.
  3. Rename or move somewhere the file 3DXChat.exe.
  4. Go to the 3DXChat_Data subfolder.
  5. Rename or move somewhere the Mono folder.
  6. Rename or move somewhere the Plugins folder.
  7. Extract the patch archive file to the game's root folder. You now should have a new set of 64-bit versions of 3DXChat.exe, 3DXChat_Data\Mono and 3DXChat_Data\Plugins instead of the old ones.
  8. Play :)

You can of course just extract the patch and overwrite everything, but you will need the old files to update the game later. The Patcher will fail if you try to update the game with this patch installed, and you will have to completely reinstall the game.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have tried this and it really does speed up the game for 64bit computers.

How do you find out if your computer is 64bit?

With windows, go to "Control Panel", Click "System" and in the window (see below) you will see "System Type:   64bit Operating System"

:)

image.png

• Like 2

All I can really say is wow, the game is actually running significantly more smooth in just about every location and private room I can visit, and my memory usage has more then doubled for the game, not had any issues with it yet.

Thanks and keep up the fine work :D 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mrstyles said:

I just had to reinstall the game.. lol... I suck at computers. Im not sure what I did wrong.. I zigged when I should have zagged I think.

Did you get the 64bit Mod to work Mrstyles?

OK, I installed the 64-bit upgrade, and when I tried to start the program, my Anti-Virus identified it as being infected with FileRepMalware and quarantined 3DXChat.exe.

My anti-virus is AVG version 17.8.3036 with virus definitions 171116-4.

This is because Avast is a dumb paranoid and gives a lot of false-positives. Most likely it means that the executable or the publisher is not whitelisted in the antivirus' database.

You can check the file on https://www.virustotal.com — it is clean.

Just add it to the antivirus' exclusion list.

Guest Chasan

I can back that up since I am currently using this mod and it is working successfully with no faults in application or even other applications I have running. Its very clean!

What, an anti-virus program that over reacts? Perish the thought! LOL

Done. And it appears to work fine....

(BTW - Windows Defender doesn't like it, either...  frickin' Microsoft)

I have tried using Avast for some time once, it was probably the most annoyingly useless antivirus I have ever tried. It had as many annoying pop-up screens as an actual malware would normally have xD That was years back though, maybe it got better since, dunno )

Have never ever enabled Windows Defender, can't say anything about it either ))

• Like 1

Guest maryjanee

where can I download the patch? Please link me the download

9 minutes ago, Guest maryjanee said:

where can I download the patch? Please link me the download

sorry i solved:) i created an account:)))

• Like 1

I used the 64bit patch with 369 and use it with 372 from the beginning,

and it works flawlessly, what better can you exspect?

Thank you, Alex.

Hi Alex,

Running the 64 bit patch on build 374 with no issues at all. Thank you for making this. I initially didn't realize that the game is still a 32 bit game, unitl I noticed the lag issue.

Thanks again,

PJ

Hello, I tried to install this patcher but i really have no idea how to follow the instructions. I tried to move all the required parts into another folder but it won't even run it. Can anyone give me simple step by step instructions on how to install it? I have been dealing with multiple freezes in game and if this can stop them, then i would gladly install it if i could.

On 21.4.2018 at 2:02 AM, Braedon said:

Hello, I tried to install this patcher but i really have no idea how to follow the instructions. I tried to move all the required parts into another folder but it won't even run it. Can anyone give me simple step by step instructions on how to install it? I have been dealing with multiple freezes in game and if this can stop them, then i would gladly install it if i could.

ok,  I will try:

First: This is not a "patcher" but a patch, which contains an executable and two folders with files; they substitute the equal named objects in you program.

Use an administrator account (NOT run as administrator)

Download the compressed file "3dxChat_369_x64_Patch.rar"

Extract it into a temporary folder -> you get a file "3DXChat.exe" and a folder "3DXChat_Data".

Go to your program directory of the game, normally c:/Program Files (x86)/3DXChat.

In this directory locate the existing file "3DXChat.exe" and rename it to "3DXChat.exe.ORG"

Copy the downloaded file "3DXChat.exe" into this directory, you have to be administrator for all this!

In the same directory you find a folder "3DXChat_Data", open it.

Among others you find 2 folders: "Mono" and "Plugins".

Rename these existing folders to "Mono.ORG" and "Plugins.ORG"

Copy the 2 folders from your download "Mono" and "Plugins" in the same folder.

That's all! Start the game as usual.

You have substituted an executable and two folders and renamed the originals, so you can return to the previous state by simply renaming the new file/folders back to xxxxx.x64 e.g. and renaming the originals back to their original names.

You will have to do this when the patcher asks for permission to patch the game before you give permission to patch!!!

Hey NiceKati thank you for helping me but I seem to have made things worse. I did as you said and tried to follow the instructions only now it doesn't seem to work at all. It says this message "Failed to load Player Settings (internal index #0).Most likely data file is corrupted, or built with mismatching editor and platform support versions."

I dont want to have to reinstall the game again any chance you can help again?

Edited by Braedon

I'm sorry that you run into such problems, but it seems that your game installation itself contains some errors; I never had error messages like those in your reply.

Before you use the 64Bit patch your game must be installed and running absolutely correct, the patch cannot solve any problems and crashes you experience with the normal game installation.

If everything runs normal without any strange behaviour (only the "normal", known bugs of the program) you may apply the 64Bit patch so the game can use more than 3GB Memory, which is a limitation of 32Bit software, and it also increases the framerate.

For short: The 64Bit patch makes a perfectly running game better, but it does not solve any problems you have already in your installation without the patch.

The only advice I can give you is to delete the game completely from your pc and make a clean reinstall. If the game runs as it should you may install the patch in the way I decribed, and it should work immediately.

Anyway consider that the 64Bit patch is experimental, that means: Though it works for me and a lot of other players you could experience new problems under some circumstances. If such problems caused by the patch occur, only Alex can help you if you describe it exactly, as he is the developper of this patch.

Thanks a lot Alex. i'v just installed it and i'm on the 385th version. For the fist 3mn all seems to work well. 

Thanks a lot for the work. I tried it on the big island with almost more than 40people, its the same difference between knight and day. Great !!!!!!

On 12/4/2018 at 7:11 PM, AlexRyder said:

Not sure what you mean. Patches 380 — 385 use Unity 5.5.5p2, so the same 64-bit patch should work.

I ment that, zip file of version 380 of yours, can't be opened and the previous one dosen't work with build 385.

Sorry for my bad speaking

Extract the patch archive file to the game's root folder. You now should have a new set of 64-bit versions of 3DXChat.exe, 3DXChat_Data\Mono and 3DXChat_Data\Plugins instead of the old ones.

Play  stuck on how to extract.   askin me for 1 what to use to open the patch file.. and what the hell is the root foldere :)