World Editor Mod Suggestions

Guest Chasan

• Modz Administrators

The rotation tool needs a window that shows the degree the prop is in relation to the World/Local.

Would be nice if you could type in the number and have it rotate to that number.

• Like 1

• Modz Gold Member

First off, the World Editor is absolutely amazing and I'm overwhelmed with the amount of amazing content available to us now.  Thank you to the Devs in case they see this post!

I have a few suggestions I feel pretty strongly about:

1) I think it would be terrific if the water could just be removed altogether instead of just raising/lowering levels.  I know in particular that water can cause the worst of lag/performance issues (at least for those who don't know to turn off reflections), and I'm sure a great deal of rooms will never even incorporate water as part of their design.  

2) The Night time setting has definitely brightened up a great deal.  It looks like there's more of an 'ambient' lighting that honestly, imo, kills a lot of the mood and contrast of the rooms designed in that setting.  I would love to have a slider for that ambient light (assuming it's just one) and/or just bring back the old dark setting.  I'm currently building a couple of rooms that could really benefit from this darker setting.

3) Probably the most important to me:  After 'grouping' numerous objects, it would be amazing if rotation and scaling affected ALL objects uniformly as if it was 'one new large' object.  Right now, all rotation and scaling are still affecting each object individually, which kind of renders those modifiers useless when a group of objects if formed.  The only viable one is movement, which DOES treat all objects in a group as one.  And lastly, if I may be so indulgent as to suggest a 'mirror' function for said objects.  Currently, IF the first part of this request is fulfilled, I do believe scaling something by -1 could achieve a 'mirroring' effect.  But perhaps there can be a button that makes it even easier.  

Once again, thanks again so much to the Devs for the their hard work on improving this game.  

• Like 1

• Modz Gold Member
On 12/1/2017 at 7:10 AM, Ayon said:

The rotation tool needs a window that shows the degree the prop is in relation to the World/Local.

Would be nice if you could type in the number and have it rotate to that number.

That would be an awesome feature!!!  I would also like a better way to change the color of objects, being able to put in color numbers would be nice. 

• Like 1

• Modz Gold Member
On 12/1/2017 at 1:10 PM, Ayon said:

Agreed, having an axis tool to see the current axis of an object and be able to edit it would be very useful.

Would be nice if there was an option to snap to objects rather then just the grid too as some objects I need to manually scale to get the right size, hence these objects are then not on the grids snap.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Modz Gold Member

I suppose this is a suggestion, but I think it's pretty important.  Hopefully this is the right place for it :)

I would love to have a couple of settings for the flood light objects in the game.  Basically:

1) Have a 'Only on at night/below certain ambient level' toggle for each light.  Right now, there's a bit of an awkward situation with lighting in that I would a lot of times only require them to be on for night lighting, but they do nothing for day settings except eat up performance as well as 'over-light' in day settings. 

2) Implement an 'intensity and/or radius' slider for each light.  This would be amazing.  Right now, in order to light a dark scene, I basically just have to spam lights all over the place to help light a larger area.  To be able to increase the intensity should allow us to light much larger scenes with way less performance penalties.  

Thanks for listening, whoever reads this :)

Edited by Asher
  • Like 1

• Modz Gold Member

After 'grouping' numerous objects, it would be amazing if rotation and scaling affected ALL objects uniformly as if it was 'one new large' object.

Maybe I am wrong but so far never got an issue, after grouping all objects, making sure to select "center" and not "pivot" when you use the option to resize, you keep the "shit" key pressed, and you have a square appearing, using this square to resize always kept my props correctly resized.

• Like 1

• Modz Gold Member

What I would need personally is more shapes, right now impossible to make a cup, half a sphere and so on. Also for curved shaped, when resizing, extremities dont have the same size.

Being able to cut in a shape would be great.

Being able to choose the thickness of the curved shapes to be able to make long but thin tubes as an example.

Possibility to apply different texture on different side of an object. If you build a house, with a whole between bathroom and bedroom, if you want different textures, you need to make 2 walls so you have different texture in each rooms.

When zooming in an object, we dont see anymore the cursor to move/resize it.

• Like 1

• Modz Gold Member
17 minutes ago, Torax said:

After 'grouping' numerous objects, it would be amazing if rotation and scaling affected ALL objects uniformly as if it was 'one new large' object.

Maybe I am wrong but so far never got an issue, after grouping all objects, making sure to select "center" and not "pivot" when you use the option to resize, you keep the "shit" key pressed, and you have a square appearing, using this square to resize always kept my props correctly resized.

Ah yea, Torax thanks, I did recognize I could do this after playing with the editor a little bit more.  That being said, this center pivot feature still doesn't quite for for SCALING in just 1 axis when it's a group of objects, as many of the times once the objects 'within' the group have been rotated in certain ways, they will scale from their local positions again, if that makes sense.  And lastly, this still falls under the 'scaling' issue in that I think having the ability to straight up mirror a grouped set of objects would be immensely helpful.  There are many builds that involve symmetry and this could mean reducing a lot of work by 1/2 by simply mirroring. Technically, if the scaling thing I mentioned were fixed, one could hypothetically achieve a 'group mirroring' effect by doing a perfect -1 scaling of the group, but that's pretty difficult if not given a scaling snap step option.

Thanks for the response tho, I'm sure others will find this tip helpful Torax :)

• Thanks 1

• Modz Gold Member

I would find it very useful to group objects together to form an item then saving that group as a custom object I could apply by selecting from the menu rather than rebuilding or copying/moving from another location.  For repetitive tasks it would be a huge time saver.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • Modz Gold Member

All the good points peeps mentioned here before. :) Hope there will come a fix for the room object scaling bug. Somehow the editor re-scale/re-size objects a little bit. It happens when you load a room. :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Modz Gold Member

I'm hoping to find a way to be able to put pictures with frames on my walls? Was wondering if that has been in any topic? if so, sorry for asking about it here.

• Like 2

Guest Chasan

Your fine...what kind of pictures? like actual photos? I think you can build frames with the WE and as long as you know the position of where you put the frame ingame and have the coordinates correct you can use this mod

https://3dxmodz.com/index.php?/topic/107-download-3dxworldpicture-world-format/

I used it to build a big picture in my bar.

• Modz Gold Member
On 3/20/2018 at 7:34 AM, Chasan said:

Your fine...what kind of pictures? like actual photos? I think you can build frames with the WE and as long as you know the position of where you put the frame ingame and have the coordinates correct you can use this mod

https://3dxmodz.com/index.php?/topic/107-download-3dxworldpicture-world-format/

I used it to build a big picture in my bar.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

• Modz Gold Member

If possible, please add the following into the editor;

• Provide the "Water" material with the same properties as the ocean, as in being able to swim in it at a certain depth. Right now, relying on the ocean level to provide a swimming pool is nice, but can be very problematic if trying to make a multi-level build.
  • The diving action. Sorely being missed by many of us with water-based worlds. 
  • Volleyball. I know it wasn't used much on the beach but it would be nice to have something similar we can put into our worlds.
  • Colorizing the "Emissions". I know you can do that somewhat with the emissions we have, but the one that slowly cycles through all the colors. That would be nice to edit and cycle through, say 5 or 6 different colors of your choice. 
  • Stand-in bot for sizing purposes. I don't think Betty or Bob are doing much these days.

• Modz Gold Member
20 hours ago, 3dxBromeo said:

If possible, please add the following into the editor;

• Provide the "Water" material with the same properties as the ocean, as in being able to swim in it at a certain depth. Right now, relying on the ocean level to provide a swimming pool is nice, but can be very problematic if trying to make a multi-level build.
  • The diving action. Sorely being missed by many of us with water-based worlds. 
  • Volleyball. I know it wasn't used much on the beach but it would be nice to have something similar we can put into our worlds.
  • Colorizing the "Emissions". I know you can do that somewhat with the emissions we have, but the one that slowly cycles through all the colors. That would be nice to edit and cycle through, say 5 or 6 different colors of your choice. 
  • Stand-in bot for sizing purposes. I don't think Betty or Bob are doing much these days.

Just for your info..
This site is not 3dx offical forum site ;) Its more a support site to 3dx and its members, where we share, help and give support where we can.
Update's and idea's people wants to see in 3dx, is the owners/Devs there are on the offical 3dx forum you have to talk with.

Here on the Modz site, you can ofc come with idea's too, but we can't add it into the game. You can come with idea's to upcoming dll's to 3dx here. :D

Just a info, so people not think the Modz site runs 3dx ;) 

• Modz Gold Member

Ahhhh, for some reason i thought when the topic was "World Editor Mod Suggestions" that the 3dx Devs would look at this posting. 

Yeah, all of my suggestions would be probably deeper than this mod team could support. Thank you for clarifying that. 

But if any 3dx Devs do show up....hint-hint.